Our boat can take you places others cannot!
Why Cave Cruzer?
- The original Whitianga Marine Adventure tour
- Recommended by Lonely Planet & NZ Rough Guide
- Highly ranked on Trip Advisor
- Open boat gives you 360 degree unimpeded views
- Eco Friendly vessel, no external propellers
- Ex Navy Rescue vessel, safe and Maritime NZ compliant
- Hamilton Jet for shallow reef viewing
- 23 ft V hull for the smoothest ride in the bay
- DoC licensed to view all marine life
- Unique in tour entertainment
Photos & videos of your tour supplied
- Our GoPro captures full colour memories of your tour. Available free via our Facebook Page, see sample here: facebook.com/cavecruzeradventures
- Underwater camera available for client use when snorkelling – Photos are uploaded to Facebook.
Touch, Smell, See, Taste and Hear
Heighten your senses and enhance your experience…
we have it all covered!
SEE the beauty of the area in full colour
HEAR the amazing acoustics inside the sea cave
SMELL the ocean, the salty air and the ancient caves
TOUCH the volcanic rock
TASTE the salty sea spray and inhale the refreshing air
Meet Your Skipper: Terry
I have always loved entertaining and driving. I started as a store van driver for the Sanitarium Health Food company. Later I drove line haul in Australia before returning to NZ and working in Sales and Marketing for Trade Mags including the Commercial Fishing magazine and Radio Hauraki.
I went on to being an owner driver in Auckland before joining the MoT and then the Police after the forces merged (16 years). I later bought a commercial vehicle repairs shop and grew that into Auckland’s biggest commercial repair shop. We covered painting, signage, repairs and the manufacturing of commercial vehicles and boats within the NZ market.
I sold up the business for personal reasons and married Michelle. Together we worked at AIC Boarding where I was a maintenance contractor and mentor for the 150 International students who were entrusted to our care. 2017 saw us leave AIC to come to Whitianga after successfully negotiating to purchase Cavecruzer Adventures from the previous owners, Steve and Vicki.
I love this town and its people. I especially feel privileged to be able to showcase the natural beauty of Mercury Bay to the people that visit our town. I don’t think we will ever leave now we have found our special part of New Zealand.